Work with Us
The Light for Levi Foundation’s growth has surpassed our wildest dreams. It began with a family’s desire to spread light to others in honor of their son Levi after a tragic non-fatal drowning but has grown into a nationwide foundation impacting the lives of thousands. The community has continued to rally around and support our mission to help others in need and directly impact their lives through our work. Due to our growth, we are now looking to hire an Executive Director to work alongside the Board Members. This part-time position will help us to ensure the day-to-day operations of running an incredible foundation will get done and preserve the heart of this organization.
Are you comfortable with sales, fundraising, managing corporate sponsorships, communication, and event planning? Are you a person who wants to make a difference and have a direct impact on our community and nationwide? We need someone who can build effective relationships and generate support from various sources, manage our daily tasks, as well as our annual events.
If this sounds like your dream job and you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the community, send us your application! We can’t wait to meet you!
The position will remain open until filled with priority given to responses received before February 29, 2024. Applications will be reviewed and selected applicants will be asked to speak at our board meeting on March 15th, 2024. The Board will vote and the candidate will be notified and expected to start April 8th, 2024.
The Light for Levi Foundation is offering an amazing opportunity for a passionate leader looking to make a meaningful difference in the community. Through the dedication of its many talented board members and volunteers, we have steadily grown and are now in need of a part-time Executive Director to help us run the day-to-day operations and ensure our continued success in the future.
The Light for Levi Foundation is a 501c (3) organization that was founded to serve as a beacon of light to others, directly impacting families and enhancing our communities. Please go to lightforlevi.com to see how we are currently doing this. We have plans to continue to grow our reach and impact and need a hired professional to help us with our next phase of growth.
The Executive Director will report to the President and members of the Board.
- Flexible schedule set by employee
- Expected hours: Minimum of 8 hours and up to 24 hours per week
- Pay: $20 an hour
- Up to 48 weeks a year
Must be available some evenings including the monthly board meeting
The Executive Director reports to the President and members of the Board of Directors and leads a team of volunteers to further the mission. The Executive Director guides the day-to-day operations of the organization and sustains financial support via grants and fundraising to secure the organization’s future.
- Hybrid remote near Zionsville, IN, or the surrounding area
The candidate must be able to attend local events, meet with sponsors, network locally, Must be available to lead and attend one evening board meeting a month in Zionsville, IN.
- Laptop will be provided
- Ability to work from home
- Community workspace at COhatch in Zionsville, IN available for use
- $50 Monthly allowance for cell phone
- Self-motivated and can work alone
- Available to work 1 evening a month
- Financial management
- Fundraising/nonprofit experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning and logistics
- Understanding social media platforms and the ability to post on these platforms’ multiple times a week
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience in fundraising, marketing, business, or mass communication preferred
- Knowledge of public and private funding sources and fundraising techniques: annual giving, planned giving, monthly and capital campaigns
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage well-organized projects and events
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports for grant submissions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse business leaders and community partners
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively to small or large groups of people
- Must be proficient in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok Tok and be able to create posts, reels, and funding campaigns to keep the public informed and involved
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organize and lead all monthly Board meetings.
- Maintain and update the Foundation’s social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok with a minimum of 2 interactions posted a week.
- Ensure our 501(c)(3) status is maintained.
- Lead and manage strategic planning events, activities, and tasks to create and implement fundraising objectives.
- Manage fundraising efforts to support the organization’s financial wellness by soliciting and securing donations.
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing grant proposals to seek funding for the foundation.
- Manage and follow up on the progress and execution of submitted grant proposals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with community businesses and partners.
- Deliver and present reports on fundraising efforts and grant proposals to the board.
- Oversee the execution of over 24 grants per year.
- Manage and coordinate the Beacon Bag program both locally and nationwide.
- Manage and respond to emails sent to the foundation
- Manage and create content for sponsors that will go out on social media platforms.
- Write monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate and plan the annual golf outing including but not limited to securing sponsors, auction donations, golfers, and vendors. Coordinate up collection of auction items, uploading information, and mailing of items.
- Coordinate and plan additional events as needed.
- Recommend, prepare, and manage the budget. Facilitate bookkeeping/accounting procedures.
- Prepare and distribute an Annual Report for the Board, donors, and the general public.
- Cultivate prospective donors for annual gifts and planned gifts
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned and needed.